Sanjay Dutt seeks parole extension of 30 days
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: Sanjay Dutt, who is now out of jail on a parole of 30 days, has sought a further extension of 30 days, in order to take care of his ailing wife Manyata.
The Bollywood actor, who has been convicted for illegal possession of arms in connection with the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts, was reportedly contemplating a 60-day extension. But apparently he has applied for just 30 days. His current parole ends on January 23.
Manyata is admitted to a hospital and is undergoing treatment for her illness. She may have to even undergo a surgery. Dutt wants to be by his twin children`s side especially when their mother is unwell and hence the application for the parole extension.
Dutt was previously out on parole over his ill-health in October last year.
The actor surrendered himself before the TADA court on May 16, last year and has since then been serving his remaining 42-month jail term at the Yerwada Jail in Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor