Sanjay Leela Bhansali has made me a better actor: Ranveer Singh
New Delhi: Ranveer Singh says working with filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali in upcoming movie `Ram Leela` has made him a better actor.
The 28-year-old has teamed up with Bhansali for the first time and he feels honoured that the director chose a newcomer for his project.
"It is a privilege for a newcomer to be working with somebody whose reputation precedes him. He is a master craftsmen, an actor`s dream. The way he has directed me, he has made me ten times the actor I ever was," Ranveer told reporters at a press conference here.
"He has not done it by preaching me but by just allowing it to come. He is so collaborative that he makes you feel like the most special actor in the world," he added.
`Ram-Leela` is a desi adaptation of Shakespeare`s renowned play Romeo and Juliet.
On his much talked about chemistry with co-star Deepika Padukone, he said, "I`m happy that the biggest talking point of the movie is the chemistry between me and Deepika. It is important that in a love story the chemistry between the actors gets appreciated," he said.
"When someone is making a romantic film, you need to believe that the two people are in love with each other, only then can the audience sympathize with them. So if the chemistry is there, the viewers would also feel the conflict when the lovers are torn and would want them to be together," he added.
Ranveer, who has experimented with his look in the movie, said he likes bringing variety in his appearances.
"I like to change and put something new every time. Mr Bhansali was very clear that he wanted me to have a distinctive look. I`m attached to it but as an actor one can`t have a consistent look," he said.
The film which also stars Richa Chadda and Supriya Pathak will hit the theatres on November 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan