Sanjay Leela Bhansali keeps calling Deepika Padukone ‘Ash’?
New Delhi: Renowned filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, who is known for his perfection, seems to lack his excellence in remembering names of his actresses. Or can we say that he misses the former Miss World Aishwarya Rai so much on the sets of ‘Ram Leela’ that he can’t help but refer to Deepika as ‘Ash’.
According to a tabloid, the 50-year-old director, who is said to have a very special professional bonding with his ‘Hum Dil De Chuke’ star because of his past work experience with her, is perhaps the reason behind Bhansali calling leggy lass Deepika as Ash, albeit mistakenly.
Talking to the tabloid, the sources have said, “It is an open fact that Bhansali is very close to Aishwarya Rai as they have done three films together. It’s quite natural that he would miss her.”
But it became evident more so when during the shooting, he would often end up calling Deepika, Ash! There have been so many occasions that after a shot Bhansali would say ‘Nice shot Ash’ or
‘Ash, let’s do the next scene like this’ while talking to Deepika.
It was his assistant directors who would correct his mistake.
However, interestingly, Deepika didn’t take an offence to this at all.
“After a point even Deepika understood and was cool with it,” the source added.
Well, Aishwarya we hope you are listening!
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Aamir Khan has every right to be worried, says Aparna Sen
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam
- Amitabh Bachchan reaches 18 mn followers on Twitter