Satyamev Jayate: Sarv Khap Panchayat plans action against Aamir Khan
Mumbai: Aamir Khan’s show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ has irked certain sections of the Indian society for allegedly maligning their image and defaming them.
Not too long ago, an umbrella of medical institutions sat over a meeting to decide legal action against Aamir for throwing poor light on the alleged malpractices people from their fraternity indulged in. They even sought an apology from the host for defaming them.
And now the Sarv Khap Panchayat communities from Haryana have decided to take action against the Bollywood actor.
Aamir’s show had played host to members of the Khap Panchayat and had confronted them by asking tricky questions about the “tyrant” law formulated by them.
And hence the Khaps want the show’s telecast to be terminated.
Talking to a leading daily, Randhir Singh, Head of Meham Chaubisi Panchayat said, “I got a call from a villager informing me that his three-year-old granddaughter told him that she too would marry by eloping.”
“What kind of changes the film star wants to bring in our society, his act would destroy the entire social structure of out villages that were living in brotherhood for decades,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend – Here’s why
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 29 Update: Dadi makes Abhi realise that he has fallen in love with Pragya
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy