Sean Connery snubs phone hacking allegations
London: Sir Sean Connery has refused to follow up allegations that he was targeted by a phone hacker because “he doesn’t want anything to do with” the newspaper scandal.
The acting legend’s name is said to have appeared in the records of Glenn Mulcaire, a private investigator who worked for Rupert Murdoch’s now-defunct tabloid News of the World, and the star was allegedly told his voicemail messages had been illegally accessed.
However, Connery’s spokesman has said that the 81-year-old actor refused to get involved and didn’t return the call from cops.
“An attempt to contact Sir Sean was made by an individual connected with the investigation into phone hacking. No specifics were supplied and Sir Sean didn’t not return the call as he truly didn’t wish to be involved. He is enjoying his retirement,” the Daily Express quoted the actor’s representative as telling Britain’s Daily Telegraph.
Connery’s close friend and biographer Murray Grigor tells The Guardian, “Apparently there were 10 instances. The police were quite excited about it but he doesn’t want to know. He doesn’t want anything to do with it. He’s just having a good time and he just shrugged it off.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?