Shabanaji is my mentor: Gulshan Grover
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Gulshan Grover, whose last release ‘I Am Kalam’ fetched him worldwide recognition and honours, thanked veteran actor Shabana Azmi for helping him in finding roles in his initial days.
"Shabanaji has helped me a lot in the beginning of my career. She recommended me to Mohan Kumar for a role in `Avtaar` and told him that I am very hard working," the 51-year-old actor said at the DVD launch of ‘I Am Kalam’.
"She sought roles for me in `Hum Paanch`, `Aaj Ka MLA` and many more. She guided me on the sets of the film. She has always been my well-wisher and mentor," said Gulshan who debuted with ‘Hum Paanch’ and later established himself as `Bad Man` in Bollywood.
Gulshan took villainy to a different level with his roles in ‘Ram Lakhan’, ‘Raja Babu’, ‘Sadma’, ‘Mohra’, ‘Hera Pheri’ and ‘Gangster’. He will next be seen in Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor starrer ‘Agent Vinod’, expected to release in March this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch