Shah Rukh Khan advised rest as injury not minor
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Superstar Shah Rukh Khan was recently injured on the sets of `Happy New Year`. Although it was previously thought that the injury was minor, doctors have advised him complete rest.
He was taken to the Nanavati hospital, where he was given immediate medical aid and then returned to the sets. The King Khan has suffered a shoulder fracture; his left knee`s patellar tendon is torn.
However, a source told IANS that Shah Rukh went back to the hospital for more tests Thursday night.
"Shah Rukh went through fresh set of tests last night post the shoot for the injuries he incurred on the sets while shooting yesterday. His right shoulder is fractured and left knee patella is torn. Doctors have advised him to take complete rest for the next two-three weeks," the source said on condition of anonymity.
"Happy New Year" director and Shah Rukh`s good friend Farah said Thursday that the star of her film was "stubborn" about resuming the shoot, and that the "returning hero" even received a standing ovation on the sets for his bravado.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No film can flop if planned properly: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Aamir Khan, Rohit Shetty extend help to ailing filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi
- Promotion is burden on filmmaking: Irrfan Khan
- Swedish author Henning Mankell loses battle to cancer
- Oops! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput bump into Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor in a gym!