Shah Rukh Khan buys rights to his movies?
Zee Media Bureau/Aparna Mudi
Mumbai: The latest trend amongst superstars these days is to make their own movie productions. Stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, John Abraham, Ajay Devgn, and others have already carved a niche as producers. But like in everything else, the ‘Badshah of Bollywood’ – Shah Rukh Khan created his own space at the top.
According to latest news reports, Shah Rukh is buying rights to his old movies and television series. A popular news channel reported. He has reportedly already acquired the rights of the television series Idiot which was aired in 1982. He has also bought the film ‘Chaahat’ in which he plays the male lead opposite Pooja Bhatt. The movie which failed to make any real mark at the Box Office was produced by Robin Bhatt.
It is a trend that might be fruitful if he manages to get rights for his other movies and television series that have done well and have huge nostalgia value like ‘Circus’ and ‘Fauji`.
SRK recently reaped in millions with ‘Chennai Express’ which broke several records and created history at the Box Office. Khan’s Red Chillies Entertainments was in a joint venture production with Disney UTV for the movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blake Lively feels 'Gossip Girl' reunion will be fun
- Hiddleston perfect to be next 007 agent: Caterina Murino
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Burberry bosses sue Rapper Burberry
- Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan reunite for her directorial debut