Shah Rukh Khan performs to sold out shows in Auckland, Sydney
Perth:Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and his star-studded troupe of musical show Temptation Reloaded, who are in Perth set to stage a livewire performance Wednesday, regaled packed houses of Bollywood buffs in Auckland and Sydney.
The annual Bollywood extravaganza, features Madhuri Dixit, Rani Mukerji, Jacqueline Fernandez, Yo Yo Honey Singh and Meiyang Chang apart from SRK.
They first took to the stage in Auckland Oct 4, and performed to an almost packed house. As many as 7,500 tickets to the show were sold out for the show held at a stadium with a capacity of 8,000 people, said a source.
In Sydney, where the performers sang and danced Monday, the venue had a capacity of 12,500 people and the show sold 11,900 tickets.
"The biggest hits of the evening were SRK`s performance on `Lungi dance`, and his performance with Madhuri Dixit-Nene," the source added.
While in Auckland, Shah Rukh was greeted by New Zealand Prime Minister John Key, he met up with the prime minister of New South Wales Barry O`Farrell in Sydney.
Shah Rukh gifted the premier an autographed jersey of his Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) team and a signed bat, while Farrell got his copy of "Still Reading Khan" from the superstar himself.
They are said to have shared tidbits on Indian and Australian cinema over dinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra to go 'Live With Kelly' once again
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Abu Azmi backs Salman Khan, says Shiv Sena indulging in 'theatrics'
- SS Rajamouli reveals logo of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' – View inside
- First day of Bollywood Music Project ends with a bang
- Amazon Prime Video partners with filmmaker to launch 'Baahubali: The Lost Legends'!