Shakira`s baby birth news a prank?
New York: Shakira`s boyfriend Gerard Pique reportedly seems to have pulled a prank by announcing the news of the Colombian singer giving birth to her first child today.
Pique announced the birth of their son on his Twitter page early Friday morning, which is the day of Dia de los Innocentes, Spain`s equivalent to April Fool`s Day, reported New York Daily News.
"Our son has been born! We are very happy! Thanks to all for your messages," the Barcelona FC player, 25, wrote in Spanish.
The timing of the announcement has prompted speculation that Pique has pulled a fast one, since Shakira, 35, has not confirmed the news.
Pique later seemed to be letting fans know it was a joke by tweeting, "He already has a name! He is called Innocent! Happy Day of the Innocents to all!"
Shakira revealed her pregnancy last September when announcing the cancellation of a Las Vegas gig.
The singer began dating sportsman Pique in 2011 after splitting from her longtime boyfriend Antonio de la Rua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ratna Pathak Shah is my permanent filmi maa: Fawad Khan
- Owe no explanation to the world: Shabana Azmi on Farhan-Adhuna split
- Katrina Kaif's reaction on 'live-in' relationship with Ranbir Kapoor is epic!
- Aishwarya chills with Aaradhya, Shweta—See pic shared by Amitabh Bachchan!
- Meet Katrina Kaif’s Valentine date