Shakira suffered sleepless nights during pregnancy
London: New mother Shakira suffered sleepless nights while she was pregnant with her first child because she drove herself crazy researching everything that could go wrong during pregnancy.
The `Hips Don`t Lie` hitmaker said her health fears kept her awake at night after spending hours after hours looking up medical problems online, reported Daily Star.
"(My pregnancy) was easy because I didn`t have nausea or cravings or any of that stuff, but I couldn`t sleep at all during my entire pregnancy because I spent every night researching on the Internet trying to find out everything that could possibly go wrong...
"You can ask me anything; I`m like a walking encyclopedia, I know everything about pregnancy. I`m like a certified gynaecologist!," she said.
Shakira welcomed baby boy Milan in January, but she said that the delivery process was not quite what she thought it would be.
"Delivering a baby is not as idyllic as people make it seem. Don`t expect that he is going to be rosy cheeks, cherub when he is born. Actually, when I saw mine, I was like, `Oh my God. He is purple and wrinkled. What is this?`," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Consider Nana Patekar my father figure: Ali Fazal
- Happy to be back on sets with Salman Khan, says WHO? It's totally worth reading
- Hope filing FIR for women becomes better, says Amitabh Bachchan post 'Pink'
- Unstoppable 'PINK' box office collections: Amitabh Bachchan starrer crosses Rs 50 cr mark!
- Karan Johar opens up about his two-year-battle with clinical depression