Shammi-ji has left behind lot of love: Ranbir
Noida: Actor Ranbir Kapoor, who got a chance to act with late Shammi Kapoor in "Rockstar", says his grand uncle has left a lot of love and happiness behind.
"I really miss Shammi-ji. He was a boon to our film. It is only love that he has left us with. He left so much happiness behind. I do miss him," Ranbir told reporters here Tuesday.
The actor was here to unveil the poster of his upcoming film "Rockstar". He was accompanied by director Imtiaz Ali.
Shammi Kapoor, known as the dancing star of the 1950s and 1960s, revolutionised the image of Hindi film heroes with his carefree attitude and flamboyance. The legendary actor, who breathed his last Aug 14, is said to have a short but prominent role in "Rockstar".
The film, slated for a Nov 11 release, is about a young super-successful musician, and his tryst with love. The film also stars debutant Nargis Fakhri as Ranbir`s love interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Emraan Hashmi takes up 'Fear vs Neerja' challenge!
- Can't take freedom of speech for granted; religion in politics is not healthy: Kamal Haasan
- Sunny Deol's fans give thumps up to 'Ghayal Once Again', mints Rs 14.85 cr!
- Henry Cavill flaunts new look for upcoming flick 'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice'
- Second dialogue promo of 'Neerja' is here!