Shammi Kapoor`s ashes immersed in Dal Lake
Mumbai: He romanced a bevy of Bollywood beauties in the snow-capped mountains of Kashmir in films like "Kashmir Ki Kali" and "Junglee" and immortalised the shikara on the Dal Lake in the song "Tareef karun kya uski". And finally, veteran Bollywood actor Shammi Kapoor has become a part of that surrounding forever.
The ashes of the actor, who left for his heavenly abode Aug 14, were immersed in the Dal Lake by his son Aditya Raj Kapoor.
According to reports, Aditya Raj was accompanied by his sister Kanchan and actors Shabana Azmi, Vinod Khanna, Asha Parekh, Sharmila Tagore, Amitabh Bachchan and Tina Ambani.
"Yes, we have immersed the ashes in the Dal Lake," Aditya Raj told IANS on phone.
Aditya Raj, along with all the actors, left here for Srinagar for the immersion Friday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Monalisa opens up about her televised marriage with Vikrant Singh