Shammi was a fabulous singer: Lata
New Delhi: Singing legend Lata Mangeshkar has remembered Shammi Kapoor as a big star and good human being and revealed that the late actor was a fabulous singer.
"I am very upset after hearing the demise of Shammiji. He was one of the biggest stars of Bollywood, but before that he was an outstanding human being. He was very lively and he was a very strong person. He used to handle difficulty situations very bravely," Lata tweeted.
Shammi Kapoor, a star of the Hindi cinema in the 1950s and 1960s, died here Sunday morning. He was 79.
"He was on dialysis for years. He had to take the treatment thrice a week, but still he used to be cheerful. He used to attend functions as well. When we honoured him with the award in the name of my father (Deenanath Mangeshkar award in 2007), he came to Pune. When he used to be off dialysis, he used to drive. He was a very good singer. He had learnt singing. He used to call me sister and his death has really upset me. I pray to god that his soul rests in peace," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday