Sharon Stone gets restraining order against intruder

Last Updated: Mar 11, 2011, 09:06 AM IST

London: `Basic Instinct` star Sharon Stone has obtained a permanent restraining order against an intruder who broke into her home last month.

A Los Angeles judge has increased Stone`s temporary restraining order, which was originally granted on February 24 against "mentally ill" Bradley Gooden, who claims to have entered her home last month mistakenly thinking it was his own.

Gooden also claimed that he wrote the script of `The King`s Speech` at the age of two.

Gooden said that he had not broken into Stone`s house, as the property was bought by his mother from the 52-year-old actress as a present for him to live in, a website reported.

He is now required to stay at least 100 yards away from the star and her three adopted sons - Roan, Laird and Quinn - as well as her home and workplace until March 8 2014.

A Los Angeles police detective who investigated the case, ruled that Gooden had an "abnormal fixation on Sharon Stone and her property".

In the petition she made to courts in February, Stone said, "I have been subjected to a course of conduct which has and is seriously alarming, annoying and harassing me. Gooden`s ongoing, physical and harassing conduct are extremely distressing.

"I am in fear from Gooden for my personal safety, and that of those around me, including especially my children and family, as well as my friends and employees."

Gooden remains under involuntary psychiatric hold.

PTI