Should`ve taken time to deal with my dad`s loss: Priyanka Chopra
Mumbai: Just four days after her father`s death Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra resumed work and says she did so to escape from dealing with her loss.
The actress` father Ashok Chopra died in June this year after battling cancer. A doctor by profession, he had retired from the Indian Army in 1997 as lieutenant-colonel.
"I don’t think it’s strength. I should have taken the time to deal with it. I wanted to run away from dealing with it and I did," Priyanka told film critic and journalist Anupama Chopra on her show "The Front Row".
"I started work four days later, one, because my dad hated me sitting at home, and second, I would have lost my mind if I did."
"Losing my father was not just losing my dad, it was losing a part of me. My dad was my best friend, my idol and my protector. He was the man of my life, so I went back to work because that was my only solace and I haven’t stopped since," she added.
The episode will be aired Nov 8 on Star World.
With an endeavour to try and become a renowned singer, which her father wanted her to be, the actress is slowly gaining success with her singles "In my city" and "Exotic".
"Hopefully, in a few years, I will be the musician that my dad wanted me to be or that I want to be. Whether it’s ‘In my city’ or whether it’s ‘Exotic`, for them to have done as well as they did, to hear it on the radio in LA, it’s very cool," she said.
The actress is used to quick feedback for films, but music industry works at a different pace.
"The way the music industry works, especially in the West, is that one single comes out, it develops, it bubbles, then another one comes out, it bubbles," she said and added that the process takes a-year-and-a-half before your entire album comes.
"Whereas, I’m so used to movies, where we know on a Monday whether the movie is a hit or a flop," she said.
For the actress who has proved her mettle in films like "Fashion", "7 Khoon Maaf" and "Barfi!", both singing and acting hold an important place.
"I don’t know if I have a preference. I didn’t know anything about acting when I joined movies. I didn’t know it was an art, it was a craft."
"It took me around four or five years to find out the actor in myself. But music, I learned my alphabets singing. That’s how much it’s been a part of me," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gay matrimonial ad receives over 70 responses from all over the world
- Aishwarya stuns in Elie Saab gown for amfAR Gala
- ABBA star Bjorn Ulvaeus wants euthanasia if becomes too painfully ill
- Kim K advises Kylie Jenner to 'draw line' post temporary lip fillers confession
- 'Sooryavansham' has personal connect with many: Amitabh Bachchan
- How Elton John's 'dodgy' videos once embarrassed Ed Sheeran at US customs
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' movie review: Kangana's swag is par-excellence!
- Amitabh Bachchan, Hirani praise 'Miss Tanakpur...' trailer
- Puri Jagannath to work with Nithiin before Chiranjeevi
- Jyotika's comeback film rakes in over Rs.8 crore
- Simon Cowell feels Cheryl Fernandez and Louis Walsh argue like Tom and Jerry
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Lady Gaga gets over 30 wedding dress sketches from top designers
- Ditch black for bold and bright this summer
- Style up in suede in spring, summer
- Kylie's lip fillers changed her confidence: Kim Kardashian
- Jane Fonda proud to be a fashion icon
- Fashion is not for everybody: Dolce and Gabbana
- Designer Monisha Jaising to enter e-commerce
- Sculpt your looks like Moore, N'yongo did at Cannes
- Keep neck jewellery light in summer
- Cannes apologises over high-heel furore
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared
- China calls US actions in South China Sea 'irresponsible, dangerous'
- Why new Apple Watch update may not monitor your heart rate reliably
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared