Sir Paul McCartney wants to go back in time to be with his mum
London: Sir Paul McCartney has admitted that he would go back and see his mother if he had a time machine.
When the former Beatles star was just 14 his mother died of an embolism. Her loss later became a point of connection with John Lennon, whose mother, Julia, had died when he was 17.
As the family`s primary wage earner, Mary`s income as a midwife had enabled them to move into Forthlin Road in Allerton, where they lived until 1964.
Now in reply to a fan`s question - picked from over 10,000 submitted to his website in a new monthly feature - the legendary rocker has revealed the depth of the heartache.
A fan from Brazil asked: "What would you do if you had a time machine?" to which he simply replied: "Go back and spend time with my mum."
Previously, McCartney has spoken movingly of how his mother inspired one of his greatest songs `Let It Be` - written when he was living hard in 1968 with the growing pressures of The Beatles about to implode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Revenant', other Oscar contenders to be screened in India
- Woah! Deepika Padukone to get intimate with Vin Diesel in 'XXX 3'?
- Rakhi Sawant to become a porn star - Here's why
- Priyanka Chopra's gallant avatar in 'Jai Gangaajal' comes alive in this making video – Watch
- Natalie Portman joins 'The Death and Life of John F Donovan'