Sir Sean Connery vows never to act again after falling ill
London: Sir Sean Connery has vowed never to act again after falling ill on the eve of his 80th birthday.
He has earlier spoken of the retirement but was lured back into films with the animated movie ‘Sir Billi’ earlier this year.
The star celebrated his b’day on Wednesday with wife Micheline and 15 of his close family at his Bahamas home.
Sir Sean said last October he had a heart condition and now says his health problems have made him re-evaluate his priorities.
“I don’t think I’ll ever act again. I have so many wonderful memories but those days are over,” the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
However, he added his health is improving.
“I’m swimming every day and I’m even trying to get the golf swing working again but that might take a little bit longer,” he said.
“During the summer I wasn’t feeling great. I came to the Edinburgh Film Festival in June then, when I left for the south of France, I realised I had lost a bit of weight and needed to change my regime. The past few days have been pretty special with the family here. It has been a great celebration,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Soha Ali Khan excited about Saif-Kareena's baby
- What made Sohail Khan shift focus to direction, production? Here's the truth
- Sanjay Dutt is still all 'bhai bhai' with Salman Khan? Scoop inside
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra slams divorce rumours, says she loves her husband—Full story inside!