Sonakshi Sinha will be seen in one of my future films: Sajid Khan
Mumbai: Filmmaker Sajid Khan seems to be all praise for actress Sonakshi Sinha who will be seen doing a peppy dance number ‘Thank God It`s Friday’ in his upcoming film ‘Himmatwala’. The director said he would like to rope her in one of his future films as well.
"I nurtured a desire to work with Sonakshi after I saw her in `Dabangg`. You will see Sonakshi in one of my future films as well. I am very fond of that girl," Khan told reporters in a group interview.
Sonakshi has been donning a desi avatar in her previous films like ‘Dabangg’ and ‘Rowdy Rathore’. Khan wanted to break this image through his song.
"A lot has been said about her not being modern and that she can only look nice in Indian clothes. I wanted to break this image that she doesn`t look nice in western outfits," he said.
Talking about the outfits used in the song, Khan said that he wanted clothes from that era.
"The Western outfits over here are retro. I said I wanted outfits from that era," he said.
Sonakshi has two looks in the song. The first one has been inspired from Parveen Babi`s look in ‘Shaan’ and the second one is similar to Sridevi from ‘Chaalbaaz’.
Directed by Sajid Khan, ‘Himmatwala’ stars Ajay Devgn and Tamannaah and is all set to release on March 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman