Sonam a very simple girl in real life: Ayushmann Khurrana
Mumbai: VJ-turned-actor Ayushmann Khurrana, who will be seen sharing screen space with Sonam Kapoor in Yash Raj Films next, says that the actress is a very simple girl in real life.
Sonam is known for her "smart" style sense at red carpet events and during movie promotions.
"It`s been a great experience working with her. People get disillusioned by the fashionista that they see at media events. But in reality she is a very simple girl," the 29-year-old told reporters in a group interview.
"She has seen the journey in her career right from being an AD (assistant director) to now as one of the biggest stars," he added.
Ayushmann, who made a successful debut in Bollywood with John Abraham`s debut production venture "Vicky Donor", was later seen in Rohan Sippy-directed ‘Nautanki Saala!’.
Apart from showing his acting capabilities, he also crooned songs in both his films and says that he never "aspired to be a singer".
"I never aspired to be a singer. I always wanted to be an actor. I thought I am more of an actor than singer. Moreover, a singer actor lends more credibility to his work as he can lend his voice to his own character," he said.
"Having said that, I cannot sing all my songs. My voice has a certain texture and I am not a versatile singer. I can sing songs of a particular genre," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor joins fight to make India hunger-free
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Akshay Kumar is good health ambassador of 'Jaan Bachao' campaign
- Anushka Sharma singing 'Bulleya' to her pet dog is the cutest video you will see today!
- At 60, Mel Gibson all set to welcome ninth child!