Spanish court summons Sean Connery in corruption case
Malaga: Former ‘James Bond’ actor Sean Connery and his wife have been ordered to give statements in a court in Spain in a municipal corruption case, judicial officials said.
The Scottish actor will appear in the court Oct 15 in Marbella city.
Connery and his wife owned and stayed in a chalet - a house built in a Swiss design - in Marbella during their vacations till 1999, and a four-storey building built in 2005 is now located where the chalet once stood.
Judge Ricardo Puyol is trying to determine whether crimes were committed in the case after the chalet`s land was re-certified to allow the construction of 72 luxury apartments there.
Puyol set the date for the couple`s testimony after British authorities in Spain provided the address of Connery in the Bahamas, the Sur newspaper reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- UK police to probe Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar's anti-India rant
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Amitabh Bachchan's latest 'Swachh Bharat Mission' video, urges people to make India open defecation free
- Mosquito breeding: Sushmita Sen served notice by BMC