Sridevi delighted on being named for Padma Shri
Mumbai: Actress Sridevi, who has been named for the Padma Shri, India`s fourth highest civilian award, says she is honoured, and thanks her family, friends and fans for supporting her throughout.
"I am honoured and humbled by the Padma Shri samman (honour). Would like to thank all my well-wishers for their continuous support and faith in me," tweeted Sridevi.
The award was announced Friday.
Sridevi, known for movies like `Nagina`, `Mr. India`, `Chandni` and `ChaalBaaz`, made a successful comeback to the big screen after a 15-year hiatus in 2012 with `English Vinglish`.
Her director Gauri Shinde is proud that the actress has been chosen to receive such a huge honour.
"Padma Shri for Sri!!! Finally!!! There is justice in the world somewhere I feel! Super awesome," posted Shinde.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar among world's highest paid actors of 2016
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work