SRK remembers Pataudi as friend’s friend
Gurgaon: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan says he had ‘huge attachment’ to Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi who died Thursday, and remembers the Indian cricket legend as a ‘friend’s friend’.
“The news of Pataudi sir is very saddening. He was an iconic figure. I have met him and known him very closely. Since the time I was young, I have had huge attachment to him. He was a gentleman and a friend’s friend,” Shah Rukh told reporters here.
He was speaking on the sidelines of the Global Indian Music Awards (GIMA).
Pataudi died after battling a lung infection for about a month. The former Indian captain, 70, is survived by his wife, actress Sharmila Tagore, and three children, daughters Soha and Saba and son Saif.
“I will definitely go and meet the family,” the 45-year-old star said. “I am close to Saif and Soha.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside