Standing ovation for Amitabh at National Awards night
New Delhi: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan Friday received a standing ovation from the audience as he walked on to the stage to receive the best actor award for "Paa", his fourth National Award.
Amitabh, 68, received the award from President Pratibha Patil for his performance as a 13-year-old progeria patient in R. Balakrishna`s "Paa". He had earlier won the award for "Saat Hindustani", "Agneepath" and "Black".
"Paa", produced by his son Abhishek, also won the best make-up artist award for Hollywood`s Christien Tinsley and Dominie Till. The best supporting actress award went to Arundhati Naag who played Big B`s grandmother in the movie.
Made at a budget of Rs.15 crore, "Paa" was produced by AB Corp and distributed by Reliance Big Pictures. It also won the best Hindi language film award.
The entire Bachchan family including wife Jaya, son Abhishek, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai and daughter Shweta Nanda were present at the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday