Stephen Fry to host BAFTA Awards Film Awards for 9th year
London: Actor-Comedian Stephen Fry is returning as the host of British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) awards next year for the ninth time.
The 56-year-old comedian, who would be fronting the UK`s biggest prestigious film awards show is thrilled for with the honour, reported Deadline.
Fry said he was "really thrilled and honoured to have been asked to host the EE British Academy Film Awards again."
"Despite the nerves and terror that something might go wrong and that I`ll make a fool of myself, it`s an annual event I really look forward to," he added.
Fry considers films as an important essence of the human`s identity.
"Film is one of the arts that most spreads the essence of our identity around the world, and our admiration and appreciation of global filmmaking ensures that the EE British Academy Film Awards sit comfortably on the world stage of film awards events honouring the best of the best," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salma Agha to get lifetime Indian visa, say MHA sources
- AR Rahman conferred with Japan's Fukuoka prize 2016
- Social media trolls don't affect Zareen Khan
- Here's what Shraddha Kapoor has to say about link-up reports with Farhan Akhtar!
- Nervousness took over Priyanka Chopra while auditioning for 'Quantico'? Watch video