Steven Spielberg named most influential celebrity in US
Los Angeles: Filmmaker Steven Spielberg has been named the most influential celebrity in the US, according to the official website of Forbes magazine.
In the latest edition of the annual Forbes/E-Score list, based on a poll conducted by E-Poll Market Research, Spielberg scores a 47 for influence. It means that 47 percent of the US population believes he is influential.
Spielberg’s last movie "Lincoln", which had got 12 Oscar nominations, won two golden statuettes and minted $275 million at the box office. A third of that amount came from the overseas market.
“A celebrity’s ‘Influential’ score represents how that person is perceived as influencing the public, their peers, or both,” Gerry Philpott, president of E-Poll Market Research, said.
For its E-Score Celebrity service, E-Poll Research ranks more than 6,600 bold-faced names based on 46 attributes.
In the second place is talk show queen Oprah Winfrey and director George Lucas takes the third spot.
Another director, Ron Howard, ranks fourth on the list and rounding up the top five is director Martin Scorsese.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- Horror films genre is still niche: Sharman Joshi
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan