Suchitra Sen`s condition unchanged
Kolkata: The condition of iconic Bengali actress Suchitra Sen, under treatment in the critical care unit (CCU) of a nursing home here, has stabilised and remained unchanged Tuesday, said a medical bulletin.
Undergoing treatment for a chest infection, Sen was Sunday night rushed to the hospital after her condition deteriorated and her heart beat became irregular.
A medical bulletin Monday had claimed that her condition was stable.
"Mrs. Suchitra Sen`s medical condition continues to remain the same as yesterday. Her vital parameters continued to remain satisfactory," said the latest bulletin.
Sen was having her normal prescribed diet.
"She continues to remain under continuous medical supervision," the hospital said.
Sen, 82, was admitted to the nursing home last week after she complained of breathlessness.
The actress, whose first film to hit the screen was Bengali movie `Sharey Chuattor`, is known for her performances in films like `Deep Jwele Jaai` and `Uttar Falguni` in the same language as well as Hindi movies `Devdas`, `Bambai Ka Babu` and `Mamta`.
Sen, who bid adieu to acting in 1978, won the best actress award for `Saat Paake Bandha` at the Moscow film festival in 1963.
After her retirement she has been living a reclusive life and only meets her daughter, actress Moon Moon Sen and grand daughters Raima and Riya Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan Arms Act case acquittal: Shah Rukh Khan to meet close friend?
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's 'automatic chemistry' will surprise you—Watch 'Kaabil' making video!
- Amal Clooney's baggy floral smock sparks pregnancy rumours!
- Priyanka Chopra wins big at People's Choice Awards one more time!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!