Sushant`s back-up plan was to open canteen!
Mumbai: Actor Sushant Singh Rajput was ready to run a canteen and make his own short films in case his Bollywood dream failed to take off.
The young actor moved from the TV industry to try his luck on the big screen with ‘Kai Po Che!’, which ended up winning him a lot of appreciation as well as plum offers and projects.
"When I quit television, I had thought that if I would not get work in the film industry, then I will open a canteen in the Film City and would make my own short films and work in them," the 27-year-old said here Wednesday at the launch of People magazine`s cover featuring him.
Post ‘Kai Po Che!’, Sushant has signed up for Rajkumar Hirani`s ‘Peekay’, and also has a Yash Raj Films (YRF) project in hand. The latter will be directed by Maneesh Sharma.
Sushant said he auditioned as many as 12 times for ‘Kai Po Che!’ and did extensive preparation to audition for "P.K." and the YRF movie.
"For my first film `Kai Po Che!`, I gave 12 auditions, for my second film `Peekay` I gave three auditions and for my third film with Yash Raj Films, I did a one-month workshop and gave separate auditions to Aditya Chopra and Maneesh Sharma," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan at Harvard University: Read 10 brilliant points he made!
- Acclaimed poet-lyricist Nida Fazli no more
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Aww...Aditya Roy Kapur gifts Katrina Kaif truck full of roses!
- Super Bowl madness: Watch Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Chris Martin's dance off sets the stage on fire!