Take pride in your own awards: Amitabh Bachchan
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan believes that while Oscars may be the biggest film awards, Indians should take pride in their own awards.
"First of all, we have to accept that it (Oscars) is the foremost award. In my view, it is for a different field, cinema of a different kind and language. We should feel proud of our own country and its awards," the 70-year-old said here Thursday when he was chosen India`s prime icon for 2012 at CBS/Big FM awards function.
"If any other country feels that we deserve any of their awards, then it would be an honour for us," he added.
So far Indian music composer AR Rahman, sound engineer Resul Pookutty and lyricist Gulzar have won Oscars for their work in Danny Boyle`s 2008-film ‘Slumdog Millionaire’. Earlier, Bhanu Athayya won the Oscar for costumes for Richard Attenborough`s `Gandhi`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What's cooking! When Deepika Padukone donned the chef hat – View pic
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!