Taylor Swift slams Tina Fey and Amy Poehler`s Golden Globe jab as `sexist`
Wellington: Taylor Swift has hit back at comedians Tina Fey and Amy Poehler for mocking her love life at Hollywood`s Golden Globe Awards this year, calling the jab sexist.
During the awards broadcast, hosts Fey and Poehler threw a barb at the singer, telling her to "stay away" from actor Michael J. Fox`s 23-year-old son.
The Grammy-winning singer is well known for documenting her personal relationships in her songs, often leaving little clues in the lyrics that hint at the subject.
She has been linked to high profile celebrities such as John Mayer, Jake Gyllenhaal, Taylor Lautner, Joe Jonas and more recently, Conor Kennedy and One Direction`s Harry Styles.
In the Vanity Fair interview, Swift, 23, responded to the Golden Globe s incident by citing a saying told to her by talk show host Katie Couric that "there`s a special place in hell for women who don`t help other women," Stuff.co.nz reported.
"For a female to write about her feelings, and then be portrayed as some clingy, insane, desperate girlfriend in need of making you marry her and have kids with her, I think that`s taking something that potentially should be celebrated - a woman writing about her feelings in a confessional way - that`s taking it and turning it and twisting it into something that is frankly a little sexist," Swift said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins today
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Jacqueline Fernandez turns elegant showstopper for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!
- Jennifer Aniston to raise awareness about eye care