The iconic Madhubala – 80 and alive in memory!
New Delhi: Had she been alive today, the legendary Madhubala would have turned 80 today. Born on Valentine’s Day, the superstar was innumerable admirers’ epitome of love and beauty. Sadly, the iconic star died young – but left an indelible mark in the minds of people, nevertheless.
If in India somebody has the unique distinction of appearing in the most number of successful films in the shortest period of time, it undoubtedly is Madhubala. A career spanning about eighteen years saw her delivering splendid performances in about 70 movies.
A much turbulent personal life and constant rumours of liaisons with many names in the industry caused considerable damage to the star’s image. A fiasco involving Dilip Kumar, her then lover, and Madhubala turned exceeding bitter and resulted in the end of the relationship between the two actors. Her marriage to Kishore Kumar, too, was fraught with too many difficulties.
Madhubala shot to fame with her success in ‘Mahal’, and many remarkable films and stunning performances followed suit. Her performance in ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ won her much praise from her fans and critics alike.
Madhubala died following severe illness at the young age of 36 in 1969. Madhubala was once endowed with the honour of being the ‘Biggest Star in The World’ (Theatre Arts Magazine, August 1952). The actress is – and will always stay – alive in memory… Here’s wishing her a very happy birthday!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Sunny Leone most searched personality of 2016; trumps superstar Salman Khan!
- Vaani Kapoor looks 'Befikre' on Vogue cover!
- Shah Rukh Khan and family looks PICTURE PERFECT, we say touch wood!
- Deepika Padukone flaunts her love for sports – Here’s how
- Deepika Padukone - a marriage material, says Ranveer Singh; Daddy Prakash Padukone reacts