Time`s `Person of the Year` poll: Narendra Modi ranks 3rd, who's leading?
Los Angeles: Singer-actress Miley Cyrus is the front runner of Time magazine`s `Person of the Year` online poll.
Cyrus, 21, garnered 28 per cent of the votes as of November 27. She is ahead of such people as former NSA defence contractor Edward Snowden, Chief Minister of the state of Gujarat Narendra Modi and President of Syria Bashar al-Assad.
The `Wrecking Ball` hitmaker is currently experiencing commercial success this year with a new album and her antics both on and off stage, reported Ace Showbiz.
"Time and Poptip are aware of the efforts to affect the results of the Person of the Year poll, and have measures in place so that only legitimate votes are being incorporated in the final tally," a Time spokesperson said.
"We`re delighted that so many people are having fun with this informal poll and contributing to the conversation (about who should win)," the spokesperson added.
Time has added Twitter this year to encourage more participation and broaden the horizon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know what Amitabh Bachchan is saying about tiger conservation
- See: When Amitabh Bachchan was chased by a tiger!
- READ: What Shah Rukh Khan's Edinburgh speech is all about!
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui forced himself upon US researcher, says common friend
- No film can flop if planned properly: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan