Tom Cruise dismisses Anne Hathaway Oscar boycott rumours

Last Updated: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 14:02

Melbourne: Tom Cruise’s rep has denied reports that the actor and his wife, Katie Holmes, were not attending the Oscars to avoid host Anne Hathaway.

The spokesman told PopEater that a UK report to that effect was "not true" and that the couple had already decided not to attend the 83rd annual Academy Awards ceremony before a sketch featuring a Hathaway impression of Holmes, reports News.com.au.

A report from the UK’s Daily Mail said the couple was angry about Hathaway’s unflattering portrayal in the Saturday Night Live sketch.

"Tom and Katie don’t want to have to cross paths with Anne," a source said.

"Katie feels they were really supporting at a difficult time so she feels let down that Anne took to national TV to make fun of her," the source added.

ANI



First Published: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 14:02

comments powered by Disqus