Tom Cruise dismisses Anne Hathaway Oscar boycott rumours
Melbourne: Tom Cruise’s rep has denied reports that the actor and his wife, Katie Holmes, were not attending the Oscars to avoid host Anne Hathaway.
The spokesman told PopEater that a UK report to that effect was "not true" and that the couple had already decided not to attend the 83rd annual Academy Awards ceremony before a sketch featuring a Hathaway impression of Holmes, reports News.com.au.
A report from the UK’s Daily Mail said the couple was angry about Hathaway’s unflattering portrayal in the Saturday Night Live sketch.
"Tom and Katie don’t want to have to cross paths with Anne," a source said.
"Katie feels they were really supporting at a difficult time so she feels let down that Anne took to national TV to make fun of her," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kerala CM lauds Kamal Haasan for Chevalier Award
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritual will help you get that perfect look!
- Ketan Mehta awaits 'official' word on heading India's Oscar jury
- Actor-politician Ramya refuses to apologise for 'Pakistan is not hell' remark