Tom Hardy couldn`t handle Hollywood
London: Actor Tom Hardy has said that he couldn`t handle Hollywood when he first found fame.
The 36-year-old actor, who made his debut in 2002 in the sci-fi film `Star Trek: Nemesis`, had hit a low point with alcoholism and drug abuse which took its toll on his personal life. He insists that these past experiences have helped shape who he is now, reportedly.
"It`s taken being someone`s dad, being divorced, going to rehab, having mortgages, playing different characters, doing theatre, waiting and then it not happening," he said.
The famous actor said his perception of the world has changed since he was younger and now he is more appreciative of the privileges he has.
"Now I`m not `white knuckle`, so if I get invited to a party ... The gratitude I feel ... People are really pleasant, really talented, and I`m useful! It`s like, `How can I help and be a part of this?` Rather than `I must impress everyone!` Which is what it was when I was 24," he added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Vivek Oberoi to be seen in 'No Smoking' commercial
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside
- THIS Bollywood director inspired Tusshar Kapoor to try surrogacy!