Trouble-makers can create controversy over any film: Boman Irani
Mumbai: Reacting to the hullabaloo around Tamil and Telugu film "Vishwaroopam", actor Boman Irani says irrespective of the content, if someone wants to pull a film into controversy, he will find a way to do it anyway.
"If someone intentionally wants to create a controversy around a film, he can do that with any film. This is a sad thing. Even if you make a film with the most honest intentions, if someone has to take an objection to it, he will. The film industry is a soft target, unfortunately," the 53-year-old said here Friday at a photography exhibition.
Boman further said that in a country full of problems, to muffle creativity is not just.
"I feel sad that creative expression is being throttled. There are so many other things that we have to throttle in this country. It is someone`s hardwork, money has been spent, it is really unfair," Boman said.
Kamal Haasan`s "Vishwaroopam" was banned in Tamil Nadu last month for 15 days after 24 Muslim groups objected to certain scenes of the film as derogatory to their community.
"Vishwaroop", the Hindi version of the movie,released across India Friday to a varied response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vivah Panchami: Celebrating the divine marriage of Lord Ram and Goddess Sita
- Superstar Rajinikanth injured on sets of '2.0'
- Check out incredible worldwide box office collections of Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi'
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Shweta Tiwari, Abhinav Kohli welcome first bundle of joy