TV is a regressive medium: Prachi Desai
Mumbai: She made it big with television show, but actress Prachi Desai does not approve of how the medium has become today and feels that it is regressive in nature.
"I think, I was a part of TV in a more fortunate time. Even though my story was of a girl being in love with an older man, it was a slightly modern drama as compared to what it is right now. It is extremely regressive," she told reporters in an interview.
Before venturing into movie with 2008 hit ‘Rock On!!’, she featured as Bani Walia in hit show ‘Kasamh Se’ in 2006.
"You feel that everyone is doing the same thing and copying each other. When I was in TV, there were so many different stories. I think that stage has gone," she said.
An Ekta Kapoor discovery, Prachi has been part of films like ‘Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai’ and ‘Bol Bachchan’.
Will you go back to TV?
"If a very interesting phase on Indian TV comes where we have short stories and films, then why not? At the end of the day, you are an actor and the medium doesn`t matter," she said.
However, she can`t think of doing a daily soap.
"I surely cannot go back to daily soaps. That is something I know. At least not right now. It`s a decision I made when I did `Rock On!!`" said the 24-year-old.
She feels in India you can`t do both. "You can`t be a film star and a TV actor. In the West you can. But the culture here is different," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn to light up box office on Diwali 2016, 2017
- Masaba Gupta to dedicate fashion line to IIFA
- Ronit Roy spent six months to learn Haryanvi
- Lara Dutta surprise package in 'Singh Is Bliing': Prabhudheva
- 'Sicario' to release in India in September
- Musical tribute to Noor Jehan, but with a twist
- Lewis Hamilton smitten with Kendall Jenner
- Bradley Cooper was 'nervous' before first kiss for film
- Courtney Stodden's mother resigns as her manager
- Chris Pine in talks for 'Wonder Woman'
- Cher to endorse Marc Jacobs's new campaign
- Jyotika and I may act together next year: Suriya
- 'Indian' sequel on the cards: A.M. Rathnam
- Naren turns baddie for 'Aranmanai 2'
- Taapsee Pannu to don khaki in Selvaraghavan's 'Kaan'
- 'Baahubali' trailer to launch in Dolby Atmos sound
- Miss India UAE Nivetha debuts in 'Oru Naal Koothu'
- 'Gour Hari Dastaan' to release on August 14
- Don't have time for Bollywood: Venkat Prabhu
- Anjali is Balakrishna's heroine in 'Dictator'
- 'Legend' success cemented my career in Telugu filmdom: Sonal Chauhan
- Pawan Kalyan sports bearded look for 'Gabbar Singh 2'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India