Twinkle challenges HC order to give Rajesh Khanna`s will copy to Anita Advani
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Akshay Kumar`s wife, Twinkle Khanna(Kumar)and daughter of late superstar Rajesh Khanna submitted an appeal before a division bench of Bombay High Court against a single judge`s order asking her to give a copy of her late father`s will to his alleged former companion Anita Advani.
The will declares his daughters as the heirs of the will.
Justice R D Dhanuka, on July 30, had allowed Advani to secure a copy of the will. Twinkle filed an appeal before the bench headed by Chief Justice Mohit Shah which will hear it on August 4. The bench said she needed to give a copy of the will to Advani in the meantime.
Twinkle`s lawyer advocate Birendra Saraf argued that Advani had no right to get a copy of the will as she was not a family member, nor was she a legal heir. Her claim was based on a complaint filed under the Domestic Violence Act and that did not give her the right to secure a copy of Khanna`s will.
Advani`s lawyer Manohar Shetty made a statement that she would not collect a copy of the will until the division bench decided the issue. Khanna`s daughters, Twinkle and Rinkie, who are named as his heirs in the will, had earlier filed a probate petition to get it validated (`probated`).
The late superstar`s alleged live-in partner claimed an inheritance in the will including Khanna`s iconic bungalow `Ashirwad` which was sold off to a city businessman, reportedly.
Advani believes she has right in `Kaka`s` property and also seeks a copy of the probated will as she had lived-in with the yesteryear superstar during the last two years of his life and took care of him till he passed away on July 18, 2012.
With Agency Input.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mexico drops out of Miss Universe over Donald Trump tirade
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Katy Perry named Forbes highest paid female entertainer of 2015
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan thanks his 'ardent' fans for loving him all these years!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?