Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Salman Khan’s alleged involvement in a hit-and-run case seems to be taking toll on his professional front. The 47-year -old star was reportedly unable to leave for London for the shooting of his upcoming movie, as the UK has rejected his visa application.
According to a tabloid, Salman Khan was supposed to commence shooting for Sajid Nadiadwala’s ‘Kick’ - which is already running behind its schedule - from last week onwards. But the superstar’s ongoing case has affected his travel plans, as his visa application for London was rejected without giving any reason.
Sources have revealed that this rejection has something to do with his hit-and-run case trial.
“Salman had appeared in court on July 24 but the final verdict was not taken. On July 19, the hearing was postponed and charges were framed against him on July 24. The court then framed the charges and adjourned the case till August 19. The rules pertaining to securing a UK visa has become stringent these days. It has definitely affected Salman’s travel plans,” a source said.
“We can however reapply for the visa. We will wait till next week before restarting the procedure. Hopefully, by then he will get his visa and will be able to join the rest of the cast in London. There already has been a lot of delay in the shoot due to this,” a source close to film’s unit said.