University professor got fired for giving James Franco ‘D’ grade
London: A university professor has revealed that he lost his job after he gave Hollywood actor James Franco an embarrassing ‘D’ grade in a course he was teaching because the ‘Spider Man’ star showed up for only two out of the 14 lectures he was supposed to attend.
Jose Angel Santana, who has filed the lawsuit in the Manhattan Supreme Court by, says that New York University fired him unfairly in part because of his refusal to pander to Franco and give him a grade he didn’t deserve.
In the suit, Santana seeks to get his job back.
The 33-year-old actor had attended courses recently at Columbia University and at Yale.
It was while pursuing a fine arts master’s degree at NYU that he was obliged to attend Santana’s lectures entitled ‘Directing the Actor II,’ the Independent reported.
In his legal suit, the professor asserts that other members of the department bent the rules flagrantly to make Franco look better than he really was including using inflated grades.
The implication is that NYU wanted not just the glory of having the heart-melting celebrity in its midst, but also the financial boon that his presence promised to bring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Here's what Iulia Vantur advised the actor!
- Govinda ultimate Bollywood dancer for me: Farah Khan
- No apology from Salman Khan as he responds to NCW notice on 'raped woman' remark
- Istanbul terror attacks: Celebrities condemn brutal act
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani teamed up for 'Befikra' because of THIS actor?