Vanessa Hudgens stayed in homeless shelter to prepare for role
Washington: Vanessa Hudgens has revealed that in preparation for her role as a pregnant, homeless teenager in her upcoming film ‘Gimme Shelter’ she actually went and lived in a shelter for the homeless. The 23-year-old stayed in the shelter for two-weeks prior to beginning the shoot.
“I actually went and stayed in the shelter for two weeks before I started filming,” a magazine has quoted her as telling The Rachael Ray Show.
“I lived there with all the girls, with all the kids, so I think that’s really interesting because you find so much more about yourself,” she said.
She also gave herself a major hair makeover to fully embody her character.
“[Rosario Dawson and I] look so messed up in this movie,” the actress said.
“I actually cut my own hair for this movie. I did that to myself, yes I did,” she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!