Vikram becomes youth envoy for UN Habitat
Chennai: Popular Tamil actor Vikram has been selected as the Youth Envoy for United Nations Human Settlement Programme-- `UN Habitat`.
"Vikram is part of the Asian Contingent wherein only four envoys have been selected from around the world. He has been invited for the 23rd Governing Council meet in Nairobi, Kenya, which will conclude on April 15," a release said.
It quoted the national-award winning actor as saying that he was honoured to work for the organisation which "works towards eradication of poverty, providing sustainable urban development and improved livelihood especially for the poor."
"In continuation of his various social activities, Vikram will now as an Actor Youth Icon carry across the message and work towards fulfilling the aims and goals of UN," it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Darshan Kumar excited to share screen space with Aishwarya
- I can't talk about 'Half Girlfriend' script: Kriti Sanon
- Hrithik lauds Deepika, Ranbir for 'Tamasha'
- Ranbir-Deepika 'Tamasha' mints Rs 10.87 crore on opening day