Vikram becomes youth envoy for UN Habitat
Chennai: Popular Tamil actor Vikram has been selected as the Youth Envoy for United Nations Human Settlement Programme-- `UN Habitat`.
"Vikram is part of the Asian Contingent wherein only four envoys have been selected from around the world. He has been invited for the 23rd Governing Council meet in Nairobi, Kenya, which will conclude on April 15," a release said.
It quoted the national-award winning actor as saying that he was honoured to work for the organisation which "works towards eradication of poverty, providing sustainable urban development and improved livelihood especially for the poor."
"In continuation of his various social activities, Vikram will now as an Actor Youth Icon carry across the message and work towards fulfilling the aims and goals of UN," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday