Vikram Phadnis might start directorial this year
Mumbai: Fashion designer Vikram Phadnis` directorial will begin this year, if all goes as planned.
"I might start directing my film this year itself. Hopefully, if things go right, it might go on floors this year. But it is too early to talk about it. I am still writing the film," Phadnis told reporters.
The designer will soon showcase a collection inspired by rural India on the runway of the summer-resort edition of Lakme Fashion Week (LFW).
For that, he has partnered with Swades Foundation, an NGO working for the empowerment of rural India.
He says he has researched a lot for the line. He says his inspiration from `Swades` might reflect in his films too.
"In times to come, I will be directing my film soon but it has nothing to do with Swades. I travelled a lot into the interiors of India where I realised that we have so many reasons to celebrate. Probably this inspiration reflects in my film, I don`t know. You never know...I may take a bit of it back home and use it for my film," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday