Virbhadra recalls Pran`s days in Queen of Hills
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh Saturday condoled the demise of Pran Kishan Sikand, known as Pran, and remembered his association with the Queen of Hills, as Shimla was fondly called by the British.
In a condolence message, Singh said: "Pran had close association with Shimla and performed many plays in the historic Gaiety Theatre."
Describing Pran as a versatile personality, Governor Urmila Singh, in her message, said that the actor was a multifaceted personality who ruled the Indian Cinema with his enthralling performance for over six decades.
Pran, who featured inocver 400 films, died in Mumbai Friday evening. His last rites were conducted amid his family and friends Saturday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!