Want to be real, not act as a politician: Kirron Kher
Mumbai: Known for her sophisticated and ornate taste in expensive saris and jewellery, Kirron Kher disregards the advice that she must dress simply during her rallies as a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate for the Lok Sabha election from Chandigarh. She believes she doesn`t need to "act" like a politician and that she`d rather be "real" to win votes.
An anonymous person made the suggestion to her.
"Yesterday someone said that I should wear simple clothes during rallies. But I don`t want to do the acting of a politician. I want to be real," the 58-year-old posted on her Twitter page.
Kirron, wife of actor Anupam Kher, wore a sari simpler than her usual taste when she filed her nomination papers in Chandigarh earlier this month.
Meanwhile, she is trying her best to be active on the online platform to connect with people in Chandigarh.
"Good morning Chandigarh! I want to keep on thanking you for the love and support that is pouring in. I promise to fulfill my duties sincerely," she posted Monday morning.
She has even urged her followers on Twitter to "please tweet me your suggestions/advice".
"It may not be possible for me to meet all individually, but my heart is full of warmth for you," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh cheer for MI, Farhan Akhtar wants to catch a sixer
- Anushka Sharma has evolved as an actor, person: Ranveer Singh
- Haryana to set up three museums
- 'Mohenjodaro' wraps up 101 days of shoot in Bhuj
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' a world-class film: Anil Kapoor
- Every single child is unique: Priyanka Chopra
- Salman Khan to attend sister's reception in Himachal
- 'Andaaz' clocks 12 years; Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta nostalgic
- Dwayne Johnson sets selfie world record
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Bruce Greenwood joins 'American Crime Story'
- Stamos sad that Olsen twins won't return for 'Fuller House'
- Puneet Issar approached for 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
- Excited that 'Dr Who' is finally in India: Steven Moffat
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey