Want to bring back iconic characters on screen: Sunny Deol
Mumbai: Actor Sunny Deol, who is gearing up to flaunt his trademark muscle power with `Ghayal Returns`, wants to bring back iconic characters of the 80s.
"I remember when we were doing `Ghayal` we were thinking why can`t we bring back characters that were liked. I wanted those iconic and legendary characters and films to come back. And now thats happening. Also as a cine goer, I would love to see the character come again in another film and take me for another (fun) ride," Sunny told reporters.
Now, the 56-year-old is excited about the sequel of his 1990 blockbuster `Ghayal`, where he played a boxer with Meenakshi Sheshadri as his female lead. He will begin shooting for the film towards the end of the year and it will release in June next year.
Ask him which films or characters he would like to reprise, he says, "I really don`t know. We can`t do it with every film. But there are couple of films like `Ghayal` and others but these films are legendary. And to take them forward is difficult."
Meanwhile, the actor will be seen in `Yamla Pagla Deewana 2`, a sequel of 2011 comedy film of the same name. The film starring Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby in the lead was a hit among the audience.
"When we were making `Yamla Pagla Deewana` we were sure it will turn out to be a good film. But we did not expect that people will like it so much. But we had thought if this film will do well then we will surely make part two," Sunny said.
Now, considering that the sequel is up for release, the makers feel there was responsibility on them to make a good film so that the fans enjoy it.
"Definitely we are concerned, bothered as it is an in house thing, hoping it will be liked by people, and the product stands good," he said.
Sunny feels there is definitely some expectation from the sequel. And hence they took two years to come up with a good script. They were in no mood to make the film just for the heck of it.
"It took us lot of time to come up with a proper script. We had the idea, we were working on the screenplay. The story moves to England but the characters are same. There is no connection with old story. It is very entertaining and I am sure fans will get to see everything in this film."
Apart from working on the story line, the makers have also worked hard in the music department.
"Music is good and is better than first one. We are hopeful people will like it. We have quite a few interesting and good songs in the film. There is an item song between the three of us. It is called `I will only Dance Like this`," Sunny said.
As the three Deols will reprise their roles in the sequel, the new additions to the film are Neha Sharma and model Kristina Akheeva.
The sequel is set to release on June 7. Even before `Yamla Pagla Deewana 2` hits cinema houses, the makers have already started drawing plans for third and fourth part of the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Rahul Bose's 'Poorna' trailer will make you shoutout for woman power!
- The Ghazi Attack: First week Box Office collections figures of Rana Daggubati starrer are out!
- Machine TRAILER alert! Watch Mustafa and Kiara Advani's racy romance and action!
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Disha Patani gets trolled for wearing 'revealing' dress, posts befitting response!
- Priyanka Chopra's birthday wish for Sanjay Leela Bhansali is too cute to miss!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Film celebrities pay tribute to Lord Shiva
- Fawad Khan looks even more dashing in beefed-up avatar – See PIC
- CONFIRMED! Deepika Padukone NOT attending the Oscars 2017