Warrant issued against Govinda for failing to appear in court
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
Mumbai: A warrant has been issued against movie star Govinda for failing to appear in the court again.
Govinda allegedly slapped a visitor, Santosh Rai, in 2008, on the sets of ‘Money Hai to Honey Hai’ who allegedly behaved badly with some of the female artists. A complaint was filed under Indian Penal Code sections 323 for voluntarily causing hurt. The star however pleaded not guilty.
Last time, the court had issued a notice to the star for the assault case, as he had not presented himself to the magistrate. This time he has been warned that failing to appear in court would result in a non-bailable warrant issued against him.
The ‘Hero No 1’ star did reach the trial that is going on in the Borivalli Metropolitan Court. Govinda may face up to four years in jail if the charges against him are validated and proven in court.
Directed by Ganesh Acharya, ‘Money Hai Toh Honey Hai’ was a comedy that was released in 2008 and also starred Hansika Motwane, Aftab Shivdasani, Celina Jaitley, Upen Patel and Manoj Bajpai in leading roles. The film failed to make waves at the box office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My parents are extremely supportive: Kaveri
- Disha Patani and I are 'good friends', says Tiger Shroff
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale