Watson`s Hermione Granger is top role model for teens
London: Emma Watson`s `Harry Potter` alter ego Hermione Granger has beaten off competition from pop stars Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry to become the top role model for teenage girls.
In a new survey conducted among 18,000 youngsters, nearly four in five have voted the intelligent character played by the 20-year-old actress as their idol, reported Sun online.
87 per cent of the youth aged 12 to 20 said they would rather be known for their brains than looks.
Asda, which ran the survey, said a "sensible" blazer similar to Hermione`s is "flying off the shelves".
"Our customers love Hermione`s style. We have had to order in more blazers," said a spokesman for the supermarket giant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My parents are extremely supportive: Kaveri
- Disha Patani and I are 'good friends', says Tiger Shroff
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale