Watson`s Hermione Granger is top role model for teens
London: Emma Watson`s `Harry Potter` alter ego Hermione Granger has beaten off competition from pop stars Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry to become the top role model for teenage girls.
In a new survey conducted among 18,000 youngsters, nearly four in five have voted the intelligent character played by the 20-year-old actress as their idol, reported Sun online.
87 per cent of the youth aged 12 to 20 said they would rather be known for their brains than looks.
Asda, which ran the survey, said a "sensible" blazer similar to Hermione`s is "flying off the shelves".
"Our customers love Hermione`s style. We have had to order in more blazers," said a spokesman for the supermarket giant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled