We all love Anna Hazare: Alka Yagnik
Kolkata: While singer Alka Yagnik Thursday said that everybody loves the 74-year-old anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare, her fellow crooner Babul Supriyo said he supports the cause but not the fasting.
"We all support him. All of us love Anna Hazare," said Alka Yagnik on the sidelines of an event here.
Yagnik was here for the launch of her first duet Rabindra Sangeet album "Mane Robe" with Babul Supriyo.
Anna Hazare`s fast at New Delhi`s Ramlila Maidan for a strong anti-corruption law entered day 11 Friday.
Supriyo was also vocal about the issue of corruption and supported Anna`s cause but felt that the fasting procedure is unjust.
"I personally support the cause. But I don`t think that fasting procedure taken up by Anna Hazare is the right method. You can`t force anything. This is democracy and we have more than 500 elected MPs.
"Everything can be discussed in the parliament and a solution can be sorted out but this is not the way," said Supriyo who rose to fame after lending his voice to the title songs of "Kaho Naa... Pyar Hai" and "Hum Tum".
"Corruption is a serious issue but nobody can force anything and this is not fair that a 70 plus man is fasting for last 10 days," said Supriyo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What's cooking! When Deepika Padukone donned the chef hat – View pic
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!