When I was modelling, size 10 was a normal size: Cindy Crawford
London: Cindy Crawford, the former supermodel whose curves shot her to fame in the late 1980s, has spoken out about current modelling industry standards, saying she believes it would be hard for today`s generation of models to establish a career.
The 45-year-old claimed that the girls on the runaway and in magazines are shrinking and haven``t got the curves of their predecessors.
``I just saw the CoverGirl commercial with Taylor Swift and I thought, "Wow, it is so hard for models to get a job these days," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
``You have to sing and act, too. There doesn``t seem to be as much work specifically just for models. And I also think when I was modeling, size 6 (UK size 10) was a normal size and now it``s like 2 (UK 6) or 0 (UK 4),” she added.
Crawford was one of the original supermodels alongside Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Claudia Schiffer, and Christy Turlington who reached the peak of their careers in the early 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch