When I was modelling, size 10 was a normal size: Cindy Crawford
London: Cindy Crawford, the former supermodel whose curves shot her to fame in the late 1980s, has spoken out about current modelling industry standards, saying she believes it would be hard for today`s generation of models to establish a career.
The 45-year-old claimed that the girls on the runaway and in magazines are shrinking and haven``t got the curves of their predecessors.
``I just saw the CoverGirl commercial with Taylor Swift and I thought, "Wow, it is so hard for models to get a job these days," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
``You have to sing and act, too. There doesn``t seem to be as much work specifically just for models. And I also think when I was modeling, size 6 (UK size 10) was a normal size and now it``s like 2 (UK 6) or 0 (UK 4),” she added.
Crawford was one of the original supermodels alongside Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Claudia Schiffer, and Christy Turlington who reached the peak of their careers in the early 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amber Heard accuses Johnny Depp of stalling divorce
- I'm not one to back out of a commitment: Arshad Warsi
- Blac Chyna shows off engagement ring amidst split rumours
- Global Citizen hosting: Priyanka Chopra freezes frame with Usher!
- Ranveer Singh's 6-pack abs will give you serious fitness goals! Watch video