Will Angelina Jolie retire after playing Cleopatra?
Los Angeles: Actress Angelina Jolie is set to play Cleopatra in a new adaptation of the Egyptian ruler`s life story and has hinted that it could be her last ever film role.
She is in line to take on the part of the iconic Egyptian queen in an Eric Roth-scripted movie, reports contactmusic.com.
"There`s been lots of different ideas of directors and a lot of different discussions. The script has been written by Eric Roth, who is a dear friend and a brilliant writer," she confessed during a BBC Radio 5 Live interview:
Jolie has big shoes to fill, since Cleopatra, who was the last active pharaoh of Ancient Egypt, was last played by the late Elizabeth Taylor in the classic 1963 film.
And the 38-year-old star has hinted the challenging role will be her very last before retiring from Hollywood in order to focus on her humanitarian work and directing.
"That`s where you finish, in a great way. You kind of go, `What could you do beyond that one?` Put it all into that one," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- R Balki's next starring Arjun-Kareena titled 'Ki and Ka'